Re: Problem w/ Database Procedures

From: JEFF CHAMBLEE <chamblej_at_author.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 6 Apr 1994 19:33 -0500

<davidc_at_alleleb.berkeley.edu> wrote:
>I've run into an odd problem here and I hope someone in the newsgroup
>can give me a word of advice. The environment is ORACLE7 server release
>7.0.16.4.0 with procedural, distributed, and parallel server options,
>running under SunOS 4.1.2 on Sun4's. It seems that select statements in
>our database procedures have stopped working.

I'm not sure this is you problem, but...

Note that roles don't work properly (or at all!) in PL/SQL. That is if SCOTT creates table ABC, and grants access to role SCOTTS_FRIENDS, and CLARK is granted membership in SCOTTS_FRIENDS, CLARK can access the table in SQL but not PL/SQL.

CLARK must be given a direct grant to use PL/SQL.

This has cost me many lost hours.

PL/SQL Release 2.0.14.0.0 - Production

Jeff Received on Thu Apr 07 1994 - 02:33:01 CEST

Original text of this message