Re: SQL Net and SQL Windows

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 7 Apr 1994 01:04:58 GMT

Recently, John Dennis posted:

: I trying to find out if anyone has been sucessful in executing a
: stored procedure (Oracle 7) from SQL Windows and/or SQL Talk.

Here is the scoop: you can execute pl/sql within sqlwindows under certain circumstances. Mainly, you must use:

	SqlImmediate('begin procname; end;')
		or
	SqlImmediate('begin procname(arg1, arg2); end;')

You can NOT use bind variables in the parameter list (if any); the bindings are not performed correctly. However, nothing stops you from concatenating the VALUES of your parameters, as constants, within a parameter list; this kludge works OK. Unfortunately, because of the binding problem, you cannot obtain the return value of pl/sql functions.

As to SqlTalk, the parser does not know about pl/sql blocks, so you cannot initiate procedures in that tool.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Braun Technology Group / Chicago, IL USA
No opinions have been expressed.              Motto: "Show me the code"