Can port this size ORACLE db to SUN?

From: David Cox <dcox_at_relay.nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 19:12:37 GMT

We are currently running ORACLE RDBMS V6.0.27.9.0 on a Control Data Corporation Cyber 995 running the NOS/VE operating system. Our total tablespace usage is about 50,000 4k blocks. We are losing this system and need to know if we can port our whole ORACLE community to a SUN SPARK 6300 or SUN SPARK 6900, either with a minimum of two 1.2 gigabyte drives. What issues besides file space requirements will affect this port? Will there be a huge difference in response time going from this large computer to a smaller one, that is, for our larger ORACLE application users? Thanks.

David Cox
Dahlgren Division
Naval Surface Warfare Center Received on Wed Apr 06 1994 - 21:12:37 CEST

Original text of this message