SQL*Net TCP/IP Problem

From: R Scott Hunter <rshunter_at_delphi.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 94 10:30:35 -0500

Our end-user support guy here came to me with this problem (this is an extract from his email to me):...

I did more testing this morning. The /usr/oracle7/tcp/log/orasrv.log shows that the connection between PC and Server (TAXM) is always made successfully. However, the following error messages are always given to the PC.

For "dev" access: # one of our two 6.0.36 instances...

                        ERROR

                BRW-15387 - Login Failed
                ORA-06110: NETTCP: Message send failure

For "prod" access: # our other 6.0.36 instance

                        ERROR

                BRW-15387 - Login Failed
                ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

We're running on an AT&T GIS (NCR) 3550 box, with SQL*Net 1.1 as shipped with 7.0.15 as the TCP/IP host service, and SQL*Net 1.1 for Windows TCP/IP on the clients with MS Windows and Oracle Data Browser as the ultimate client software.

We are able to successfully connect to Oracle7 Server through this mechanism.

Is there some problem with support of V6 with the later TCP/IP?

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

| R. Scott Hunter | shunter_at_cfotax.attmail.com |
| Database Administrator | rshunter_at_delphi.com |
| AT&T Tax Systems | (201) 326-3245 |
| Morristown, NJ USA | |