Re: ORACLE Forms 4.0.12.1.10: Is there a memory management problem?

From: Jean-Marc Boivin <jmboivin_at_cti.ulaval.ca>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 17:09:28 GMT

In article <1994Mar22.074423.5476_at_zh014.ubs.ubs.ch> zhhcv_at_pc7413.flur.zuerich.ubs.ch writes:
>From: zhhcv_at_pc7413.flur.zuerich.ubs.ch
>Subject: ORACLE Forms 4.0.12.1.10: Is there a memory management problem?
>Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 07:44:23 GMT

>Working with the ORACLE Forms-Designer on a PC (486 with 16 MB of RAM) for more than half a day
>without booting the PC is impossible because I believe ORACLE Forms is allocating memory
>and not freeing it correctly. Nothing else is running in the background except for TCP and Norton-Desktop.

>Has anyone expirienced the same problems and have ideas how to resolve it?

>Any suggestions would be appreciated!

We worked with this version of forms for many weeks now. Everything work fine. I work all day on forms 4 with Word Perfect, Date browser, Mailman and sometime a forms 3 windows application all running together and i don't have problems and i never have to reboot my machine.

I have a 486 Fujikama with 16m ram.

Jean-Marc Boivin
Universite Laval
Quebec