Re: Oracle Literature (Books/Videos)

From: DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM <(DAGMARA_at_DELPHI.COM)>
Date: 29 Mar 1994 20:34:00 -0500

>Book_name Book_author price ISBN
>Client/Server Computing with Oracle Salemi 39.95 1562761218
Good high level discussion of what client-server is and isn't, with an overview of 3rd party vendor tools. Good for a manager or decision-maker, but not directed toward the "bits and bytes" crowd.

Guide to ORACLE                            Hoescht           40.00
Last version I saw was pretty good, but covered V6 and forms 2.3

>OracleData Processing:A Manager Handbook) Seibert 24.95 0830636862
Broad overview of what a new ORACLE manager may face; discusses CASE, different employee types with pay scales based in Washington DC; WBSs, and other management stuff.

>Oracle Performance Tuning Corrigan 34.95 1565920481
Get it!!! Best ORACLE book for ORACLE gurus or wannbe gurus. Discusses different tuning techniques with different chapters aimed for different roles; the DBA, the developer, etc. The question and answer section in the back is also great.

>Rapid Development with Oracle*CASE: Billings 27.95 0201633442
>A Workshop approach

Good book to get a developer "up and running" quickly with CASE. Do NOT confuse the title with the software engineering technique, RAD...two different ideas.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with any publishers or authors, other than I like to read technical books.

Dagmar Anne Bogan
Kopania & Komorowski
Richardson, TX

dagmara_at_delphi.com

Life is better with Green and Yellow!! Received on Wed Mar 30 1994 - 03:34:00 CEST

Original text of this message