Monitoring Oracle users

From: National Research Group <cinesys_at_nic.cerf.net>
Date: 28 Mar 1994 20:33:22 GMT

Apologies if this is in the FAQ, but I am new to this group. We are running Oracle 7 under SCO Unix and have users talking to the db via SPX/IPX protocol, by means of the daemon spxsrv. These users are therefore unknown to UNIX and we cannot see their presence from there. We would like to run some script to monitor who is on the system, but Oracle's "monitor" can only be run from the keyboard - we can't call it from the command line and hence automate the monitoring.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a command line oriented program which Monitors Oracle Users?

Many thanks in advance.

James Spottiswoode
james_at_jsasoc.com Received on Mon Mar 28 1994 - 22:33:22 CEST

Original text of this message