Help with PL/SQL variable limitation

From: <ieeelib_at_msuvx1.memphis.edu>
Date: 28 Mar 94 14:46:35 -0500

Dear Experts,

Is there a limitation on the number of the elements can be declared in a PL/SQL script or some system parameter has to be tuned to accommodate a big PL/SQL script?

I am writing a PL/SQL script in which about 100 variables and 4 cursor are declared(ORACLE Ver 6.0.33, PL/SQL Ver 1.0.32).

At first, the compiler give me the error messages: ORA-6502(PL/SQL: Numeric or value error) and ORA-6503(PL/SQL: error,995 no handled exception -6) and line point to a cursor declaration.

Then, I move the cursor to the beginning part of the declaration section, the compiler give me the same error, but point to a variable declaration. When I delete the declaration of this variable, the compiler keep give me the same error, but point to next variable.

Finally, after I delete certain number of variables, the compiler passed with no error.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

Bill.

___  ___  _____ Suresh Kagoo, Sr. Network Engineer, HealthSphere of America Inc.