SQLPLUS connect error for user

From: Tony Cristiano <tiger_at_supa.supacom.brisnet.org.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 23:35:50 EST

 [B-------------------------------------------------------------

>Now, the *really* wierd aspect, is that if I connect as system/passwd,
> no problem; if
>I connect as sys/passwd, I GET THE SAME KIND OF WARNING MESSAGE.

 [B am baffled. Has anyone else ever seen this??? What do I need
> to do? It *seems*
>t[Bwork... but...
> [B

Hi Deborah, I think I remember this problem once way back in Oracle5. The problem was that the users product profile was not set up. So try checking out product profiles in the DBA guide.

By the way, SQLPlus will work correctly for the users, the profile is to configure the product for that user.

Regards, TIGER Received on Fri Mar 25 1994 - 05:35:50 CET

Original text of this message