ORACLE left running when system crashes

From: PM Wong <s11976_at_ctsc.hkbc.hk>
Date: 24 Mar 1994 14:42:59 +0800

Our AIX machine (running oracle ver 6) had a system crash the other day So we had to reboot the computer , but then restarting oracle failed. I did the normal sqldba startup command, but it just hanged there. Anything I can do ?
(In the past, there happened once or twice, and it came back when we did a
cold boot. But not this time)

                    \\\//
                    (o o)

[----------------ooO-(_)-Ooo---------------] PM Wong (Computer Officer)
[User User User User User User User User Us] CTSC Hong Kong Baptist College
[ser User User User User User User User Use] 224 Waterloo Road, Kln. HONGKONG
[er User User User User User User User User] Voice: (852)3397425 Fax: 3397888