Re: Forms4: Cursor or Record Group?

From: Michael Stowe <Michael.Stowe_at_f573.n115.z1.fidonet.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 01:21:03 -0600

  • Quoting Gjwalker_at_Gjw1992.Demon.Co.Uk to All dated 03-20-94 ***
    > But the choices for the next item should be restricted by what
    > was selected in the first item. However, no way can I get
    > a record group for an LOV to fill in a new item value for the
    > WHERE clause in its query: even doing the populate_with_query
    > built-in. Every time it comes back with rows that satisfy the
    > initial value of item one.
    > Any obvious answers?

Yes, actually. Your where clause for the LOV for the second item should contain something like the following:
SELECT ITEM2 FROM TABLE

 WHERE ITEM1 := :BLOCK.ITEM1; Yes, it's a static where clause, yet it will dynamically retrieve records based on the value of ITEM1. If you want it to be unrestricted if/when ITEM1 is not filled in, then the following where cause works:

SELECT ITEM2 FROM TABLE
 WHERE ITEM1 := NVL(:BLOCK.ITEM1, ITEM1); Michael Stowe
Director of Technical Services
Constellation Engineering Received on Thu Mar 24 1994 - 08:21:03 CET

Original text of this message