Re: Forms v3.0 Help

From: <champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 25 Mar 94 08:26:21 +1000

In article <chWCXOu00WB2Im10Uz_at_andrew.cmu.edu>, Albert L Evans <ae0i+_at_andrew.cmu.edu> writes:
> This has got to be incredibly simple but I just cannot seem to get it to work.
> I want to copy a value which has been entered on one page in a database field
> but not yet committed to a field on the next page which is display only.
> I cannot, however, find a way to do this for some reason. Currently I'm
> trying to use the COPY procedure and the PRE-FIELD trigger on the first field
> to allow input on the second page. This is the syntax I'm trying"
>
> COPY(:field_1,:field_2);

I think what you need is simply

:field_2 := :field_1;

and make sure that field_2 has echo input ON;

Hope this helps.

> Forms accepts this, but nothing is copied. Any bright ideas for this idiot?
>
> Bert

Steven Champness                   champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au
Dept of Human Services & Health    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
The opinions expressed above were found in a box of 'Rice Crispies'