SQLFORMS and OCI choking on LONG

From: marc.colten <colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 18:56:54 GMT

We have a table with a LONG field, but SQLFORMS30 and OCI choke when the LONG field goes over 4K. I thought at first the problem was with the forms, but OCI programs have the same problem. If you bring up a record with a LONG field over 4K, it will not commit (even if there are no changes). We have even tried reducing the size of the LONG field entry, and it will still not commit. What happens is you get an error that it won't update, then a rollback warning, and you are no long connect to ORACLE.

If anyone has had a similar problem and can point out a solution, or a direction to a solution, please e-mail.

thanks,

marc colten Received on Wed Mar 23 1994 - 19:56:54 CET

Original text of this message