Cancelling dynamic Pro*C calls

From: Vijay Rajan <jayrajan_at_chaos.cs.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 19:22:22 GMT

We are developing a graphical front end for an Oracle database, and would like the user to have the ability to cancel a query while it is in progress. We are using dynmaic SQL (method 4).

The question is, once I've issued the command

        EXEC SQL OPEN cursor USING DESCRIPTOR desc; to open the cursor and perfrom the query, what is the easiest way to cancel this ?

I've tried to fork out a child process, and kill the process if required. But this causes a "Two-task protocol ... " error the next time I execute a query.

Thanks

-Vijay

--

Vijay Rajan					Dept. of Computer Science
jayrajan_at_cs.umn.edu				University of Minnesota