Re: ORACLE'S FUTURE?

From: David I. Laudicina <dil.admin_at_mhs.unc.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 08:42:41

>This is a topic almost everyone has an opinion on, and no two are alike. My
>sources predict the decline of DB2 and ORACLE, and forecast that Sybase will
>the RDBMSof the 90s. I don't know very much about DB2, but I do know
>there are not as many Big Blue Boxes now as there were a few years ago.
>ORACLE seems to be diversifying, maybe too much. Most of the folks I talk
>to feel it's difficult for a company developing engine software to
>successfully develop application software. Only time will tell.

>Dagmar Anne

>Kopania & Komerovsky
>Richardson, TX

>dagmara_at_delphi.com

Oracle seems to be doing ok with v7.0. They do make some fine products other than dbms (ie case, etc). I thionk Sybase will continue to grow in market share but I don't think they will dominate the dbms market. Oracle has a large market share now and I would be surprised if they didn't continue to have a formidable showing.
Thx Dave L Received on Tue Mar 22 1994 - 08:42:41 CET

Original text of this message