ReportWriter 2.0 problem

From: Dirk Moebius <moebius_at_athene.informatik.uni-bonn.de>
Date: 21 Mar 1994 19:18:29 GMT

Hello.

I have a problem using ReportWriter 2.0.12 (win) / Oracle 7.0.15 (VMS, Client/Server).

I want to have a report consisting of several "blocks" which appear one after another. The last block should be triggered to print only on the last page of the output, and it should be at the *bottom* of the last page.
How do I work this? It ist written in the reference manual that a print condition of "last page" is not allowed for frames that are anchored to their enclosing frames. Is there any work around?

Example:

|Frame M_1 ...contains a master block |
| |
| +----------------------------------------+ |
| | Frame M_2 ...contains a detail block | |
( )------| ...is anchored to the en- | |
| | closing frame because it | |
| | should always appear on the| |
| | same position | |
| | ...has print condition | |
| | "last" because it should | |
| | appear on the last page of | |
| | the enclosing frame | |

This is not allowed. Why?

Answers as PM, please.
Thanks in advance,

        Dirk.

--
          Dirk Moebius                           | RuGu CONSULTING
Internet: moebius_at_athene.informatik.uni-bonn.de  | Oracle - Software -