Forms3.0 problem oon SGI power series

From: STOCKHOLDING CORPORATION OF INDIA LTD. <nj_at_shakti.ncst.ernet.in>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 1994 07:35:37 GMT

        Subject: Forms 3.0 problem on SGI Power series

        Problem Description:

        Forms  developed  on

               SQL*Forms 3.0.15.3.1

        While executing these forms (after recompilation) on

               SGI IRIX 4.0.5
               Oracle 6.0.36.0.1
               SQL*Forms 3.0.16.11.1
               PL/SQL 1.0.34.2.1

        we are encountering frequent errors like

               Segmentation fault - Core dumped
               FRM-40374:PL/SQL Error - internal PL/SQL error occurred

        The  generation of these forms went through without any errors  on
        the SGI machine.

        Reinstallation  of SQL*Forms did not solve the problem. We  tried
        to install a patch (6.0.36.5.1), but this gave an error

              Undefined:
                       plspgainit

        and the installation was aborted with a message stating that  all
        the files were being brought to the old status.

        But after this all our Pro*C compilations came out with an error

              Undefined:
                       usconfig
                       usinit

        We had to reinstall Oracle to get rid of this problem.

        So the original problem still exists.

        Has any one encountered this behaviour? Is there a work-around?

        Any help/comment would be greatly appreciated.

        You could also reply by mail to

        nj_at_shakti.ncst.ernet.in

        Nirmalendu Jajodia
        Stock Holding Corp. of India Ltd.