Re: Oracle access trough Excel

From: <Paul>
Date: 18 Mar 94 16:30:54 EST

In article <1994Mar9.220724.21346_at_greenwich.com> pete_at_greenwich.com (Peter Sterne) writes:
>I have been following this thread with considerable interest. Recent copies
>of Excel have come with Q&E bundled in, and after looking over the documen-
>tation I feel it would be very useful for a project in which I am involved.
>
>However, I am having trouble getting Q&E to talk with Oracle. For background,
>I am running SQL*Net V2 on a 486/33 with 16Mb; the data base server is a SUN
>Sparc 10 running SunOS 4.1.3. I have no trouble connecting the PC to the data
>base when using Oracle SQL*Plus or Data Browser, just with Q&E.
>
>--
>Peter Sterne, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
>Greenwich Associates, Greenwich Connecticut
>pete_at_greenwich.com, voice (203)625-5089, fax (203)629-1229

Peter,

The version of Q+E that is bundled with Excel 4.0 can only connect to Oracle6, not 7. To get to O7, you need the version of Q+E from the actual vendor, Pioneer software.

Better yet, get a copy of ClearAccess, from ClearAccess Software, Fairfield, Iowa. This package integrates seamlessly with Excel's macro language, and makes data extraction into spreadsheets a breeze. Well worth the investment.

HTH,
Paul Horan
Dome Systems - Carmel IN Received on Fri Mar 18 1994 - 22:30:54 CET

Original text of this message