Is there a Chinese version of Oracle? other options?

From: Edward Sullivan <es70_at_ciao.cc.columbia.edu>
Date: 17 Mar 1994 04:07:51 GMT

I have not call Oracle yet, but is there a Chinese version of Oracle available? I have seen/used the Japanese version, however Chinese characters require 1,2,3,or 8 bytes compared to Japanese characters requiring only one or two. If is does exist, does anyone have any comments about it?

If not, what are my options? Is there any other database which handles Chinese characters? (prefer unix based)

What are people doing out there to support the upcoming changes in Hong Kong? Received on Thu Mar 17 1994 - 05:07:51 CET

Original text of this message