Re: help needed: RDBMS V7

From: Hari Seldon <bill_at_trout.finance.state.mn.us>
Date: 16 Mar 1994 16:37:56 GMT

In <1994Mar16.125249.26731_at_arbi.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>, Lars.Priebe_at_arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Lars Priebe) writes:
>Hi !
>
>We have a problem with ORACLE RDBMS V7.
>During the installation process we don't have any problems. But if
>we try to start sqlplus we get the message:
>
>ERROR: ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
>ORA-07320: smsget: shmat error when trying to attach sga.
to the best of my knowlege this always means oracle is not running. if this is happening during the install , it's becase the install wants to connect and insert some rows somewhere.
ok or build an object , sheesh.

yes i know oracle cann't build an install script. bill pociengel

lilb pleceoing 'I'm a
little confused right now' Received on Wed Mar 16 1994 - 17:37:56 CET

Original text of this message