Re: HACMP and Oracle on RS6000

From: Hari Seldon <bill_at_trout.finance.state.mn.us>
Date: 16 Mar 1994 16:34:14 GMT

In <2m31i5$4od_at_search01.news.aol.com>, jeanvaljon_at_aol.com (JeanValJon) writes:
>We are setting up a highly available database system with ditributed data. I
>have been told now for a month that version 7.0.16 is coming for the RDBMS.
>The reason we are looking for this version is that previous versions will over
>write the control block information of raw devices. IS IT OUT YET?

why? in 92 when i took this position the setup here was raw devces. i spent ~4-6 months and finally tracked down the people who did the port of oracle to the rs6000. result raw devices present essentially NO performance increase on aix on the rs/6000. so again why? they are a pita to support compared to regular files.

yes we have hacmp ~1.5 years. ?'s regaurding it's use. please email.

bill pociengel

lilb pleceoing 'I'm a little confused right now' Received on Wed Mar 16 1994 - 17:34:14 CET

Original text of this message