Re: READ ME URGENT aka MAKE.MONEY.FAST

From: Chris Lang <chrisl_at_ncms.org>
Date: 15 Mar 1994 14:04:09 -0500

In <2m4ue7$6md_at_panix.com> dbenua_at_panix.com (David Benua) writes:
>Same tired old crap. Does anybody know anybody stupid enough to fall for
>this? Why do people keep doing it?

I always figured nobody would fall for it either. But look at the names on the latest version to be posted:

  7. Aaron Teche
  655 Sellery A Hall
  821 W. Johnson St.
  Madison, WI 53706-1798
  USA   8. Thomas Ermesjo
  Lundsveien 16
  1820 Spydeberg
  Norway

  9. John-Paul Bogers
  Rederijkersstraat 90
  2610 Wilrijk
  Belgium

  1. Kurt Segers Groeningelei 65 2550 Kontich Belgium

Aaron Teche only posted it yesterday or the day before, I believe, so clearly within the space of ~24 hours quite a number of people have fallen for it.

It's sad, and more than a little surprising. It is just amazing to me that despite the outcry generated every time it is posted, some people just don't notice what a scam it is. I'm also amazed that someone will read it in a particular newsgroup, add their name to it, and post it BACK to the SAME newsgroup. Of course, maybe some people will buy it no matter how many times they see it -- after all if I do it twice, I'll be TWICE as rich!

If it's true there's a sucker born every minute, and the Internet is growing by 1 million users a month... well...

 -Chris

--
Chris Lang                      |   Technology Integration, Inc.
chrisl_at_ncms.org          	|   3025 Boardwalk