Re: demo access to Oracle

From: Fred Wiersma <wiersma_at_discus>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 10:55:21 GMT

In article <1994Mar15.075829.28714_at_news.unige.ch>, schaller_at_scsun.unige.ch (SCHALLER Gerard) writes:
>I'd like to try an Oracle database on Unix system. Unfortunately, no more
>database administrator is available temporarly (for 3 weeks) at our site
>and therefore I was told that no one was able to give me an username and
>password access to the database.
>Is there someone knowing if there is an usual demo or guest access to the Oracle
>databases?
>
>Thank you in advance!

try connecting as SCOTT with password TIGER.

Also, as a security test,
try SYSTEM with password MANAGER
or SYS with password CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
If SYS or SYSTEM works, your site has a serious security problem :). See also the documentation.

Fred WIersma
wiersma_at_tfdl.agro.nl Received on Tue Mar 15 1994 - 11:55:21 CET

Original text of this message