Re: Deleting User & all his tables ?

From: Thomas Dwyer III <tomiii_at_mtu.edu>
Date: 15 Mar 1994 17:38:14 -0500

johnsma_at_earlham.edu wrote:
> As far as
>dropping a user, once the users objects have been dropped, I know of no
>other way other than the unrecommended approach of logging in as sys and
>deleting that entry from the data dictionary table. I heard there were no
>nasty side effects from this particular deletion.

On a related note, are there any nasty problems with changing a username instead of dropping the user and recreating with a new name? The goal, obviously, is to not have to copy all the objects over to the new uid.

Tom.III
tomiii_at_mtu.edu Received on Tue Mar 15 1994 - 23:38:14 CET

Original text of this message