Increasing size of SGA / Reducing Use of SGA

From: Martin Farber <farber_at_nynexst.com>
Date: 15 Mar 1994 22:09:42 GMT

Modify kernal parameters for both SEMAPHORES and SHARED MEMORY and rebuild the kernal.

SGA size is more critical in version 7 because of shared SQL area, and PGA - which is a private section of shared memory dedicated to each SESSION. Tuning the SGA has the second best payback in my experience. The first, of course, is tuning the [PL./]SQL code.

Happy computing!

---
<<MFF>>

Twenty-Five years ago it meant something to be Crazy!

			- Charles Manson