Re: Export Problem

From: Doug Harris <ah513_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 1994 02:33:48 GMT

In a previous article, kniveton_at_zeus.swindon.rtsg.mot.com (Andy Kniveton) says:

>I'm having a problem trying to export our database via cron...

>When the backup is run via cron the 6AM.dmp.log read :-
>[21] % more /usr/database/oracle/dbs/arch/6AM.dmp.log
>EXP-00008: ORACLE error 12545 encountered
>ORA-12545: TNS:name lookup failure
>EXP-00222:
>System error message
>EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

   Cron does not set all of the environment variables you need to run an Oracle tool (ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID, TWO_TASK, etc...).

   I have a shell script which sets all of the necessary environment variables and then runs exp. I then call the shell script from cron.

  • Doug Harris Database Administrator, System Development Division, Statistics Canada ## Standard Disclaimer Applies ## --