Re: Problem calling runrep (MS-DOS Version)

From: Jose Patino <patinoj_at_merlin.incae.ac.cr>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 1994 15:51:50 GMT

In article <2m1is0$d1d_at_pereiii.uji.es> padilla_at_vents.uji.es (Juan Padilla) writes:>From: padilla_at_vents.uji.es (Juan Padilla)
>Subject: Problem calling runrep (MS-DOS Version)
>Date: 14 Mar 1994 11:47:12 GMT

>I'm trying to port an Oracle 6 application from Unix to MS-DOS and I've got
>a problem: when I call runrep from runform using HOST (...) function, or
>from runmenu using OS_COMMAND (...), report executes well, but then, when
>returning to runform or runmenu, I get an error saying there is no
>connection with Oracle.

>I suppose that Oracle 6 for MS-DOS, being mono-task, needs to close the
>runmenu or runform connection in order to open a runrep connection. And
>then, when the control is returned to runmenu or runform, the old
>connection doesn't exist yet.

>Then, how can I get a report from within runform or runmenu? A ProC call
>will give me the same problem. I suppose there must be a way to fix this
>behavior.

>Please send me any answer or idea.

> Juan Tadeo Padilla Julian
> Analista/Programador
> padilla_at_si.uji.es
> CPD Universitat Jaume I
> Castellon (Spain)

You have to use OHOST instead of the HOST command that you use in Unix, in the Database for DOS and OS/2 Installation and User's Guide you will find more about it.

Jose Patino
System Programmer
INCAE, San José Costa Rica
Centra América Received on Mon Mar 14 1994 - 16:51:50 CET

Original text of this message