Re: C++ and Oracle

From: C. Derek Fields <derek_at_candyland.gamekeeper.bellcore.com>
Date: 14 Mar 1994 13:49:03 GMT

In article <CMGMFz.Fqs_at_voodoo.ca.boeing.com>, asb_at_voodoo.boeing.com (Anthony Bastian) writes:
|> When will Pro*C be C++ compatible? Is this an ORACLE8 thing?
|>

|> --
|> Tony Bastian (206) 865-6560
|> Internet: asb_at_voodoo.ca.boeing.com UUCP: uunet!bcstec!voodoo!asb
|> Boeing Computer Services M/S 7K-20 P.O. Box 24346, Seattle, WA 98124-0346

I write C++ code using PRO*C now. While there are some minor hoops that one has to jump through (such as declaring some of the SQL library functions extern "C") I have not found it too difficult make it work. In fact, I have a Database superclass and an Oracle subclass that allows me to provide database-independent systems to my clients.

--
Derek Fields
(derek_at_gamekeeper.bellcore.com)