Re: ***POSITION AVAILABLE:SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER/DATABASE DESIGNER***

From: Anatoly M. Lisovsky <Anatoly.Lisovsky_at_kamaz.kazan.su>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 15:05:54 +0300

In

    comp.sys.mac.programmer,comp.sys.next.programmer,comp.sys.sun.misc,comp.databases,comp.databases.sybase,comp.databases.oracle,comp.databases.object,comp.sys.mac.databases,comp.unix.programmer     article <1994Mar6.081238.5596_at_hydra.acs.ttu.edu> David G. Boney     writes:

>In article <DA-PqTj8HH_at_fkamaz>, Anatoly.Lisovsky_at_kamaz.kazan.su (Anatoly M. Lisovsky) writes:
> TECHNICAL SKILLS
>|>
>|> Languages: C, Pascal, Assembler 80x86, UNIX shell programming,
>|> INFORMIX 4G.
>|>
>|> Hardware : 80x86, SPARC
>|>
>|> Operating
>|> Systems: UNIX(SVR3.2,BSD,SVR4), DOS.
>|>
>|> Applications: Borland C, MS C, Turbo Pascal, INFORMIX, Sun cc,
>|> Interactive SVR3.2 cc (2.2 ad 3.0), UHC SVR4 cc,
>|> gcc for Solaris 2.3,
>|> and so on... (A lot of commercial packages are
>|> "free" here and available to study. :-)
>|>

>When did the russians start to by sun computer? I thought there where
>export controls on things like that.

LEGAL export control for the LEGAL direct users. :) I'm working for the KAMAZ Inc., largest vendor of heavy trucks (i.e. not for military plant), so we had to buy clones. We used Mariners from Tatung Co.
But be shure, military plants HAD all they needed. :) Throw the third countreys. From the some guys. For ANY money. They had Suns, VAXes, etc....
There was an article in Russian newspaper about some DEC VAXes, installed on military plants.
After some failures, internal hardware gurus tried to find out damaged part, caused very short random time system failures. They could not invite technical support from DEC, you know why. :) And our guys picked up small chip with triac in power supply filter, inside of the compound. What do you think it was?... Time relay, to turn out power after some time, when disk may be full of the interesting information :-)
So, it was the game for the both sides :-)

--
Anatoly M. Lisovsky, KAMAZ Inc., General Economics Department, STAR division
------------ The Network is The Computer. Per Aspera ad Sun! ---------------