Re: Oracle6 + Netware 3.11 + 64Mb =frequent stack-dump and abends?

From: Ernst Kloecker <ernst_at_cs.tu-berlin.de>
Date: 11 Mar 1994 11:42:24 GMT

We were having the same problem quite frequently here. After we "set maximum alloc short term memory" to 4MB (default is 2MB) in autoexec.ncf and adjusted the entries in init.ora accordingly (with 64MB you can probably use even much more than 4MB), our server crashed only once since.

I also increased the number of rollback segments at that time, so maybe that could have been the cure, too.

If you are successful, could you let me know what you did ? I am still curious about that crash which happened since the above mentioned changes.

Cheers, Ernst.

Ernst Kloecker phone: ++49-30-6181635 e-mail: ernst_at_cs.tu-berlin.de