Forms4 Revision Control

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 1994 23:03:58 GMT

Anyone created or know of something that has been created to handle revision control of forms4 apps and release. For example, I have seen other systems that store the actual generated binary form file in a RAW LONG column of a table. Then when the user starts the app, the first thing it does is compare the date of the file with what is in the database. If the database version is newer than it downloads it, installs it in the right directory on the local machine and then calls that form.

Is oracle working on anything like that? Has anyone else developed anything like that. Sounds like it would involve writing some user_exits.

Thanks in advance

Steve Schow | But you don't need to use the claw, if you sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw...... (415) 354-4908 | Have I given you a clue......? 800-722-2007x4908 | - Baloo the Bear