Re: SQL*ReportWriter question.

From: Carsten Kristensen <ckr_at_ocsbrg.no>
Date: 10 Mar 1994 16:53:42 -0800

adga_at_hq.crad.dnd.ca (JC Lachapelle) writes:

>Hello,

>I am utilizing SQL*ReportWriter 1.1.10, Ya, I know, but, I have no choice!

>When printing several reports containing Long Wrapped fields, the fields get
>truncated instead of moving to the next page; the text could fit on one full
>subsequent page, so why does it truncate on the previous page?

>Has anyone had this problem? and Does anyone feel sorry for me?

>Any Help, comment, appreciated.

We have had the exact same problem. Contacted Oracle Support - it's a bug. Our solution - rewrote it, used char(70) lines with SEQ numbering in a number column instead of a LONG. Oldfashioned, cumbersome, but works.

Yes, I feel sorry for you. And for myself... Reports 2.0 is hopefully better.

>Pre-Thanks,

You're welcome.

Regards,

--
* Carsten Kristensen		      E-mail: ckr_at_ocsbrg.no 	*
* Offshore Computer Services AS       Tel   : +47 55 99 88 70	*