Re: POSITIONS AVAILABLE for ORACLE 7 DBA with UNIX

From: Jack Love <jlove_at_ivrit.ra.itd.umich.edu>
Date: 10 Mar 1994 19:36:11 GMT

In article <1994Mar7.012520.27109_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au>, Ian Parkin <iap_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au> wrote:
>Must say I agree with you here James. I get a bit peeved that there are job
>ads placed in this group. I posted a while back about this, but apparently
>*some* people like to see job ads here - I guess because they are too lazy
>to flog through the correct hierachies ( <country>.jobs, misc.jobs, etc ) :-).
>
>Is there not some ruling about the posting of ads to the comp.* hierachy ?
>I seem to recall someting like this in the usenet faq. What was the decsription
>of the c.d.o newsgroup when it was created ?
>
>The only saving grace is that the group is not overly laden with these ads.

Apropos of nothing, I just went for an interview at a prominent Detroit Oracle site. The personnel rep wanted an Oracle DBA with Oracle Financials experience so bad he was practically foaming at the mouth. After an hour or so the salary and benefits details were ironed out, and he asked whether I could "lose" my beard. I reflected on this for a while and then explained that it would be easier to lose their address.

So, if anyone wants to work in a place where competency takes second place to conformity, send me e-mail and I'll give you a referral.

Jack F. Love	| 	Opinions expressed are mine alone.