Re: Oracle on NT

From: Seth Grimes <grimes_at_access3.digex.net>
Date: 10 Mar 1994 16:30:32 -0500

skiba_at_cis.ohio-state.edu (david j skiba) writes:

>If I install oracle on an NT server can a user use the server machine
>as a normal workstation too. This may be more of an NT question?
>I know it may sound strange or non-optimal, but with our migration
>requirements this configuration makes the most sense to start with.

Sure, why not, although I believe that if you're setting up a machine as a DB server, you'd be better off not running interactive sessions on it.

>General info on Oracle for NT would also be helpful?

Let's start with that Oracle, to the best of my knowledge, is currently available only on monoprocessor Intel machines.

                                Seth Received on Thu Mar 10 1994 - 22:30:32 CET

Original text of this message