Help: PRO*C under Windows using Borland C++

From: Graeme Lockley <lockley_at_boutek.csir.co.za>
Date: 9 Mar 1994 14:44:45 GMT

Well the subject says it all.

We have bought PRO*C v3.0.9.4.0 for Windows but it requires the MicroSoft C compiler and Windows SDK. We use Borland C++. Sure I could probably change to the MicroSoft product but I really don't want to --- I would have to move alot of existing code across to this compiler.

I went through the demo contained in the PRO15\C directory (winsam.pc) and tried to compile the program under BorlandC to see how far I'd get. Included in my project file was

   winsam.c  (I ran PROC manually to generate the C file)
   winsam.rc
   winsam.def

   ..\lib\sql15win.lib

All goes well until the linker reports that it is unable to find the procedure
  _sqlcex

I have looked through the sql15win.lib file and seen that _sqlcex is to be found in this library, but for the life of me, can't get this definition to be seen.

Now I know this program should be able to run under BorlandC because when I inspected the generated file winsam.c, I noticed that one of the comment version traces stated that changes had been made to get this program to compile under BorlandC without screaming about error messages.

If anybody has been able to get compile and link PRO*C programs using BorlandC, could they please supply with information how they got it right.

Thanks,
-- Graeme Received on Wed Mar 09 1994 - 15:44:45 CET

Original text of this message