Using ORACLE CASE Designer on diskless Sun workstation

From: Randy Lahm <randyl_at_eng.gtefsd.com>
Date: 8 Mar 1994 17:45:55 GMT

We are running ORACLE CASE on a network of Sun workstations. One of our machines is an X terminal, that is a Sun Sparc ClassicX with no internal disk drive. It is essentially a dumb terminal running off one of the Sparc Classics. We can't figure out if it's possible to run CASE Designer off this X terminal machine. Normally, the designer requires fonts to be installed on the client machine that will display the designer's graphics. But since this host has no disk drive on which the fonts can be installed, we seem to be stuck.

Any suggestions? Received on Tue Mar 08 1994 - 18:45:55 CET

Original text of this message