SQL*Net 1.1.7.8. and file VSL.INI

From: Michel Lalonde <mla_at_132.203.6.11>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 19:58:00 GMT

We are trying to isolate our client workstations from the burden of upgrading the front end software. All this software is on a Vines server. So far every file except AUTOEXEC.BAT, PCTCP.INI and WIN.INI can be placed on the server. No more copying of files on individual PCs after each update, not even ORACLE.INI or CONFIG.ORA. No more except ... a file named VSL.INI witch is used by MFTP.EXE for SQL*Net 1.1.7.8. I had to copy it from \ORAWIN\BIN on the server to the local \WINDOWS directory. Why ? Is there any way for SQL*Net to use the version on the \ORAWIN\BIN directory since MFTP is executed from that directory ? If would be so nice and clean to get around that last problem. Thanks .

Michel Lalonde                  Tel: (418) 656-3632
Centre de Traitement            Fax: (418) 656-7305
    de l'Information       Internet: MLALONDE_at_CTI.ULAVAL.CA
Universite Laval
Ste-Foy, Quebec, Canada
G1K 7P4