Re: Oracle Screen Builders??

From: Russ Beardall <beardall_at_aur.alcatel.com>
Date: 7 Mar 1994 15:05:25 GMT

I was not aware of Unify having a product called Vision but I use an interface builder called Vision from Sapiens International. It was originally produced by the folks at SmartStar Inc. who also deliver the character cell VMS product of the same name.

Anyhow, Sapiens Vision is available on SUN,HP,SG, RS6000 (and other UNIX),Windows 3.1, NT  and in the next quarter, or so, on the Mac.

It is an object oriented Motif GUI builder that connects to 1 or more databases simultaneously. I use it specifically for front-ending Oracle7 apps.

Even in its current release on the SUN V1.2 it is a jamming environment that is already where PowerBuilder is not, UNIX.

The company is in a growth phase, but has a stable feel to it. The support staff is growing, with all the comensurate "growing pains", but in the year that I have used the product, over 80% of my calls were answered on the first try while on the phone. (memories of my 6 years of calling Oracle support, do not even come close to that percentage!)

For more info, send mail to me and I'll give you the phone number.

-Russ Received on Mon Mar 07 1994 - 16:05:25 CET

Original text of this message