Re: POSITIONS AVAILABLE for ORACLE 7 DBA with UNIX

From: Ian Parkin <iap_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 1994 01:25:20 GMT

forgy_at_ll.mit.edu (James Forgy) writes:

: Hey idiot, why don't you post you're corporate garbage on a business group.
: This Newsgroup is not meant to be a free bulletin board to line your profits
: with. I have a Oracle-based company to, but I also have class, and don't
: bother this newsgroup for personal gain.
:
: Get a Life,

Must say I agree with you here James. I get a bit peeved that there are job ads placed in this group. I posted a while back about this, but apparently *some* people like to see job ads here - I guess because they are too lazy to flog through the correct hierachies ( <country>.jobs, misc.jobs, etc ) :-).

Is there not some ruling about the posting of ads to the comp.* hierachy ? I seem to recall someting like this in the usenet faq. What was the decsription of the c.d.o newsgroup when it was created ?

The only saving grace is that the group is not overly laden with these ads.

IAP

--
	Style, quality and price be damned, buy Australian !