Reading Oracle's Transaction Log

From: CHardage <chardage_at_aol.com>
Date: 6 Mar 1994 14:07:03 -0500

Recently a question came up where I work regarding audit trails. We are working with Oracle v7, and need a way to track the changes that are made to certain tables and fields. A suggestion was made that we could use Oracle's own transaction log - but Oracle recommends against this. Instead they suggest using triggers to update a second table that tracks the change.

We would rather not incur the second stage of update/inserts. Can anyone shed any light on how to read and use Oracle's transaction log as our audit trail?

Thanks for any help that you can provide! Received on Sun Mar 06 1994 - 20:07:03 CET

Original text of this message