Re: Need Oracle Training Recommendations

From: MorneauMJ <MorneauMJ_at_SCS_at_.usafa.af.mil>
Date: 3 Mar 1994 22:52:42 GMT

In article <2l32nj$6l9_at_lastactionhero.rs.itd.umich.edu>, Laureen Davis <laureen_at_ciesin.org> says:

>Several people at my organization would like to get some training in how
>to use Oracle. Can anyone suggest a source of training? I am looking
>at a number of options, including: either an instructor who can teach
>a course on-site, OR videos or books, that would be helpful to
>someone getting started with Oracle (esp. basic query operations,
>limited analysis and creation of databases).
>Thanks!
>
>Laureen L. Davis
>User Services and Training
>CIESIN
Suggest you look into instruction from the

                    MIACO Corporation  (Main Office)
                    The Cascades
                    6300 S. Syracuse Way
                    Suite 415
                    Englewood, CO 80111  (303)741-0381

      They also have offices/training centers in Atlanta/Chicago/Dallas/Madison/
                      New York/Orlando/Piscataway,NJ/San Fransisco and
                       Washington D.C.

      I am a DBA at the Air Force Academy.  We have used Miaco for all of our
      follow-on training after initial classes at ORACLE and have found them to be
      preferable and much cheaper.  Their analysts have all had hands on
      experience in some job in the field.  They hire people with experience not
      just with training.  They will tell you things about Oracle that Oracle will not
      tell you.  They have teams of analysts whose sole job is to break Oracle
      or whatever software they are testing to find out what makes the software
      tick.
      Miaco also covers UNIX, DB_at_, Sybase, C, Case, Client/Server...

      I highly recommend them.
      Feel free to call me at (719) 472-3220  0800-1700  M-F.  Good Luck

                                                                                 Mike Morneau