ODBC Drivers For Oracle7

From: Alan N Turner <anturner_at_sc1500.dseg.ti.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 16:00:03 GMT

I've been trying to find any ODBC drivers for Oracle7. Microsoft disavows any knowledge of Oracle7. They say their ODBC drivers support Oracle 6 only.

I have found an Oracle7 ODBC driver on CompuServe, but it's from PageAhead.

Conversations with Oracle Corp. (when you can get one) are absolutely mind-boggling. First, they say there are no ODBC drivers yet ready for Oracle7 and when they are ready, they'll cost you extra, even if you spent mega-bucks on their DBMS. Second, they tried to sell us Oracle Glue instead, for a mere $3,000. The next comment was that the Oracle7 ODBC drivers were in Oracle Glue. What! You just said the ODBC drivers weren't ready.

It sure seems like the inmates are running the asylum out in Redwood Shores.

Cheers,

Alan                                'The comments and opinions presented
Sr. Strategy DBA                     are mine and do not necessarily reflect
Systems And Equipment Sector         those of Texas Instruments, Inc. or its
Texas Instruments                    subsidiaries.'
anturner_at_sc1500.dseg.ti.com Received on Wed Mar 02 1994 - 17:00:03 CET

Original text of this message