Oracle 7 + RISC/os 5.01 + Pro*C?

From: PC <pc_at_wellington.mafqual.govt.nz>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 1994 04:43:33 GMT

hi

i've recently installed risc/os 5.01 (with the patch for oracle 7) and oracle 7.0.15.4 on our mips rc3230. we have a financial manangement package which is pro*c source and a few acu-cobol object libraries which talks to the oracle database. it worked fine on risc/os 4.52 and oracle 6.0.33.3 but after compiling and linking cleanly i'm getting errors from the binaries. it's either illegal instruction, segmentation fault, bus error or iot trap. it seems to happen the first time it tries to talk to oracle, debug printf's before the first oracle statement print out ok. all the oracle proc*c sample programs work fine. we also run the application on a sequent and the same source and make files compiled and ran fine.

one data upload module will run fine if i chop out alot of the code and i can get it down to commenting out one function call it'll run, uncomment the function call and segmentation fault. oracle support suggests this sounds like a linking problem.

thanx for any help

pete
pc_at_wellington.mafqual.govt.nz
ministry of ag & fish
new zealand Received on Wed Mar 02 1994 - 05:43:33 CET

Original text of this message