Re: Oracle7 auditing tools

From: <sharmp_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 2 Mar 94 13:22:46 +1100

In article <19940222.150703.303_at_almaden.ibm.com>, alanb_at_vnet.IBM.COM (Alan Beal) writes:
> I am looking for tools that are designed to work with the audit
> capabilities of Oracle7. I know Oracle7 can audit to the OS audit
> trail or to a table, and I know Oracle query tools can be used to
> access the audit table. But has anyone written software that
> provides reports of the audit trail, maintains the audit trail (pruning,
> history, etc), or provides alert capabilities? If the audit trail
> is set to go to the OS, what tools are available to support this
> function? I would like to hear of anyone's experience with the
> Oracle auditing.
>
> Alan Beal alanb_at_vnet.ibm.com
> (607)751-2026

We are just starting to look at using Oracle's audit capabilities for cost recovery purposes, so if you have any information on this, forward to me as well please.

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                                                 SHARMP_at_HHCS.GOV.AU
Aust. Dept Human Services and Health                                 06-289 7661
select witty_saying, std_disclaimer from hsh.management_requirements