[Q/H]: Exception handlers in PL/SQL

From: Neil Greene <neil_at_kynug.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 19:30:49 GMT

I am running pl/sql version 3.0.8.1.1.

I have a cursor that evaluates insert conditions for each record in a table. However, some records may not meet the requirements of the table restraints when the cursor attempts to complete various inserts, causing the cursor to "wig" out with either an unhandeled exception error or some other problem.

I am familiar with the exception error handlers and with exception "others". But, how can I get the exception handler to simply trap any errors and move the cursor to the next available record with a fetchrecord. All I want to do is skip the current record and move on to the next one.

--
Neil Greene
benchMark Developments, Inc. [NeXT VAR]