Problems with Pro*C V1.3 and ReportWriter V1.1 User Exits

From: Rodney Coleman <bigbod_at_cerberus.bhpese.oz.au>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 22:56:01 GMT

	Hi Gurus ! I am having problems with Pro*C for DOS V1.3.17 and
	was wondering if any other users of this product can help me.

	I am having problems linking user exits to make the "runrepx"
	executable. I have used a modified version of the "rrmrun.mln"
	link script as detailed in the "Getting Started" book. The first
	problem I encountered was a missing library (RWGEN.LIB). Oracle
	e-mailed that to me. Never was told why it was missing :(

	Now when I try to run the link script I receive a link error which
	states that :-

	LINK : fatal error L1074: DGROUP : group larger than 64K bytes

	Oracle support has not been much help on this to date. BTW, we
	have 14 user exits that I am trying to link together, all are
	single function C modules, and all were precompiled with Pro*C
	1.3.17. We used Microsoft C V6.0 to produce the objects.

	If anyone could assist, or offer suggestions as to how I can
	overcome this problem, it would be greatly appreciated !!

	As an aside, Oracle sent us Pro*C V1.5 which we have not used
	at this stage because it would appear that it only supports
	Forms 4 and Reports 2 user exits. Is this correct, or has someone
	used V1.5 to precompile and link Forms 3 and ReportWriter 1.1
	user exits ??

--
 Everytime I open the door,              |  Rodney Coleman, Analyst Programmer
  its the same DAMN thing......          |  BHP Information Technology

Original text of this message