General Questions

From: <_at_camcnty.govt.uk>
Date: 28 Feb 94 16:46:16 GMT

We are running Forms 3 a V6 RDBMS SunOS 4.1 and I have a few questions :-

  1. I have heard that it is good practice to preen out all but the used portions of the resource.r file as it gets loaded quite often. I have tried this and it didn't seem to make any great difference in either elapsed time or memory utilisation, am I missing something or did this only apply to earlier versions of forms.
  2. Has anybody got a C userexit that will print the users screen to a file or printer without going through the Forms Print Screen popup. This would enable us to print the results of a query that may span several pages without repeatedly asking the user for print parameters.
  3. I have seen several utility scripts that trawl though a V6 tablespace and combine adjacent freespace extents, if when a table is created it will merge adjacent freespace extents in order to acquire the space it requires what is the benefit of defragmenting your tablespace ?

| Paul Carpenter | E-Mail: td153_at_camcnty.govt.uk |
| Database Analyst | Voice : (0223) 317125 |
| Cambridgeshire County Council | Fax : (0223) 317224 |
| Castle Park Estate, Castle Hill | |
| Cambridge, Cambridgeshire | |
| England, CB3 OAT | |