Re: FORMS40 and user exits will it work?

From: Peter Kesch <kesch_at_kappco.kapp-coburg.de>
Date: 28 Feb 94 09:59:04 GMT

In article <2361_at_kappco.kapp-coburg.de>, kesch_at_kappco.kapp-coburg.de (Peter Kesch) writes:
|> Hi folks,
|>
|> I'm a little bit frustrated, and I hope someone can help me.
|>
|> We've got Oracle 7.0.13 on a HP 9000 S700 running HPUX 9.1 under Motif.
|> Finally we've recieved forms40m for our system. It's the version 4.0.11.0.1
|> and now we tried to implement user exits.
|> And here's the problem:
|>
|> the compiler runs without an error, but the linker crashes with the following
|> message:
|>
|> /bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
|> t_errno (data)
|> t_snddis (code)
|> t_close (code)
|> .
|> .
|> .
|> sqlcin (code)
|> sqlald (code)
|> .
|> .
|>
|> and so on.......
|>
|> So, we've tried to build the demo user-exit, with the same results!
|>
|> now my question, is the makefile corrupt in this version
|>
|> I've asked our hotline and they told me user exits are not supported in
|> this version!!!!!!
|> is that right????
|>
|> btw, the proc version works fine.

Hi folks,

now, our support helped me and we found the solution. first, it was wrong that the user exit is not supported! At the time it is supported in UNIX, but not in MS-WINDOWS.

To implement a user exit you need to make a client-based installation; that is because the client tools are already linked with the 7.0.15 libs, and the rdbms is still linked with the 7.0.13 libs and a server based installation will do a lib mismatch!

The second mistake was that oracle thinks there will be no other libsql.a in the -L path!
But if you have installed the HP-ALLBASE fileset, there will be one! To solve this just name the libsql.a absolute in your makefile.

Finally it works!

regards Peter

--
Peter Kesch             Kapp & Co                  email:kesch_at_kapp-coburg.de
phone:+49 9561 866376   Callenberger Strasse 52-58