Re: Oracle accessing AS/400 Databases?

From: Dave Dargo <ddargo_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 1994 03:54:44 GMT

crl130_at_cs.usask.ca (Curtis R Linton) writes:

>I'm looking for any advice on accessing AS/400 database files
>from Oracle. Our company is currently running a TP system on
>the '400 and is evaluating how that system will be able to
>integrate with a new Oracle-based planning system we are
>considering. Thanks in advance.

Currently, there are two production products available:

        Transparent Gateway for SQL/400 - This resides on the AS/400 and provides access to data on the AS/400 including support for 2 phase commit to a single AS/400.

        Transparent Gateway for DRDA - This resides on an RS/6000 (currently) and provides access via DRDA to SQL/400. This does not currently support 2 phase commit.

Both products require an integrating Oracle7 server.

Hope this helps.

Dave (ddargo_at_us.oracle.com) Received on Fri Feb 25 1994 - 04:54:44 CET

Original text of this message