Help - Beginner Problems

From: Khamsonh Khounlivong <okk_at_rz.uni-jena.de>
Date: 24 Feb 1994 18:48:34 GMT

Hi,

as a beginner of using ORACLE I've got some starting problems, especially in GRANTING of Rules. I wonna create a OPS-User, but can't grant CONNECT. Which mistakes could I have done?

Second: is it possible to connect via C-Program to a database using Pro*C without typing password (OPS-user?) and without starting SQL*Plus? Is it enough to create an OPS-user and connect by '/' ?

Third: I wonna get users, tables and their rows by running a C-Program. Any solutions?

We're running ORACLE on a SUN SPARC station. Our version is 7.0.13.

Thnx Kh. M. Khounlivong Received on Thu Feb 24 1994 - 19:48:34 CET

Original text of this message